M6014E - 20 FOOT X 0.550" 4 ROLL PLATE BENDER
SPECIFICATIONS AND CAPACITIES
Working Length: 20' / 240.15" / 6100mm
Bending Capacity: 0.55" / 14mm
Pre-Bending Capacity: 0.47" / 12mm
Standard Top Roll: 16.5" / 420mm (Diameter)
Lower Roll: 15.4" / 390mm (Diameter)
Side Rolls: 13" / 330mm (Diameter)
Dimensions: 27'-4" Length x 6'-6" Width x 6'-10" Height
Our 4-roll plate bending machine is user friendly and very fast, thanks to a smart design able to satisfy the customer needs. Pre-bending is highly reduced because the material gets pinched by in between the two central rolls. Working can be made following the steps here below:
Squaring/ Pre-Bending/ Bending/ Closing Pre-Bending
Our latest line of 4-Roll Plate Bending Machines offer many decisive advantages. The Quantum Four Roll Plate Benders are the easiest to operate plate bending machines in the market - thanks to our ability to pinch the plate between the 2 central driven rolls, pre-bend the leading edge, and rolling the body of the part along with the trailing edge all in one direction and in one pass. The plate is kept square, without slipping, during both pre-bending and rolling cycles because of the constant clamping of the bottom and top rolls. This makes our four roll machine perfectly suited to be controlled by a NC or CNC control.
The ultimate evolution in the plate bending field. Two dragging rolls with hydraulic pinching granting a steady and precise material dragging. This plate bending machine is the easiest, the most versatile, most precise, and the quickest machine the market can offer. All parts are selected among the best brands in the world to grant: Precision, Long-Life and Versatility.
- Electro-welded steel frames worked on CNC working stations.
- Rolls movement at variable speed from 0 to 100% (excludes machines with electro-hydraulic controls).
- High performance hydraulic motors, with energy saving planetary gearboxes.
- Immediate stopping of all moments by overcenter valves.
- Variable speed shaping side rolls (not included machines with electro-hydraulic controls).
- Bending rolls by massive torsion bars.
- Central rolls pressure setting by hydraulic valve, with the right pinching for every material thickness.
- Hydraulic opening system for pipes ejection.
- Top roll automatic balancing (for machine opening).
- Rolls mounted on high loading bearings and double row rolls.
- Pinching rolls double cambering, to correct the natural deflection of rolls during the working process.
- Integral hydraulic system, with all hydraulic protections at EC norms.
- Electrical system complete with all “overload” protections at EC norms.
- Mobile control console for a secure and correct position of the operator .
- Hydraulic machine opening for the pipe ejection.
- Multiple stop system that grants the best security.
This Quantum machine is reliable and effective. Side roll parallelism is maintained by a torsion bar system which connects both ends of the roll together, eliminating the weakness of extra encoders and hydraulic circuits. Our 2 central rolls are driven by hydraulic motors and high efficiency planetary gearboxes, coupled directly to the rolls. The Quantum solution (along with the rolls being mounted in low friction sealed bearings) greatly reduces the torque lost by clutches and synchronization systems used on other machines.
ADVANTAGES OF THE QUANTUM PLATE ROLLS
The ultimate evolution in the plate bending field. Two dragging rolls with hydraulic pinching granting a steady and precise material dragging. This plate bending machine is the easiest, the most versatile, the most precise, and the quickest machine the market can offer. The Quantum MG 4 Roll Plate Bending Machine is characterized by its very user-friendly interface.
Our Plate Rolls meet and exceed the demands of many North American Industries. Covering Industries and Products related to: Fuel Tanks, Storage Systems, Shipyards, Water Heaters, Autoclaves, Food Processing Equipment, Coolers, Structural Steel, Filters, Pressure Vessels, Mining Equipment, Mixers, Heat Exchangers, Boilers, Pipelines, Drilling Rigs, Chimney Tubes, Air Compressors, Wind Towers, Nuclear Reactors and that's just some!
ADVANTAGES ARE VARIOUS:
CLICK ON TABS BELOW TO VIEW FEATURES
Automatic Simultaneous/Synchronous Balancing: Our bending rolls parallelism is controlled by massive TORSION BARS working in symbiosis with sophisticated valves controlling the oil flow . This system grants the complete and steady parallelism, in every working environment and conditions.
Planetary Movements: Bending rolls planetary movement that reduces frictions at minimum, frictions very common on traditional movement machines, such as diagonal or horizontal sliding guides.
High Efficiency and Energy Saving: We replaced low efficiency components (gears, bushings, transmission belts, sliding guides) with the best planetary / epicyclic gearboxes DIRECTLY COUPLED on the rolls and the hydraulic motors. All the machine strength is focused on the material to bend (positive strength) with consequent Energy saving and machine efficiency.
Direct Drive Motorization: Replacing of all low efficiency components (gears, bushings, mechanical gear boxes, transmission belts, sliding guides…) with the most efficient epicycloidal gear boxesDIRECTLY COUPLED on the rolls, bearings and hydraulic motors, this way all machine strength is focused on the material to bend (positive strength) with consequent Energy saving. This system conforms to the “International High efficiency and Anti-Pollution” standards. A 4 roll plate bending machine motorization is made of two hydraulic motors, directly assembled to the rolls by particular motion transmission gears and gear boxes that gives the maximum performances with the minimum possible strength. The motion is given to the motors trough a hydraulic pump, which is set in action by an electric motor, it is successively given to the inductors and then to the rolls.Furthermore, motorization is very important during the pre-bending phase, it allows to position the plate at the center of the rolls with the maximum precision, without losing it. This is due to the fact that we are using a 4 roll machine, and can pinch the plate with the central rolls, thus, to get a pre-bending that will not be over 1.5 or twice the plate thickness itself.
Rolls Cambering / Crowning: Quantum's technology allows the application on rolls of a variable cambering on the basis of material thickness. Each Quantum machine is different, because its rolls do not have the same cambering / crowning. During the bending work, the rolls get subject to deflection but (thanks to the cambering) they do not reach the breaking point, and grant perfect results in their bending performance.
Permanent Lubrication System: Thanks to the using of high quality and high resistance materials, can grant a system of permanent lubrication. By using auto-lubricated bearings it will be enough only to grease the parts during the assembling. Quantum plate bending machine’s maintenance won’t be a problem, only a periodical refilling of the oil will be necessary. All machine components are pre-lubricated and sealed following a unique system granting lubrication for the whole machine life.
Top Roll Contrast to Eject Pipes: When the machine is endowed of conical bending device, Quantum Machinery uses a system called contrast to eject the pipe. Our system is composed of a piston, on the back side of the roll, that monitors the yoke position, when it’s down, the piston moves and lifts the top roll to let the operator eject the pipe without problems. The monitoring is made by a sequence valve that “feels” the pressure increasing in the hydraulic circuit when the yoke opens, transferring it to the contrast piston that lifts the roll. If the machine is CNC controlled, a pressure gauge is mounted on the sequence valve: it has the task of monitoring the pressure when the yoke closes, stopping the flow in the system.
FLAT PART "The Shortest Unbent Flat": With our plate rolling machine, the short flat part will be only 1.8 times the plate thickness. Yield point and material thickness can influence the final results, but with our Quantum Plate Rolls you always get the shortest unbent flat. See our pre-bending factors.
Our machines have a special support, to roll a conical shape guiding the shorter edge of the plate to rotate. The best solution for bending perfect cones is our 4-roll machine with CNC: its bottom clamping roll can be tilted, to form the cone (funnel) shape wanted. Conical shapes with a conicity over 4 degrees reduce the machine performance: this is due to the unbalanced load on the top roll and its bearings.
Tight Minimum Diameters: Our planetary geometry can get the minimum possible diameter in plate roll bending. By using exclusive planetary guides, we are able to keep 50% more area of the plate under bend pressure during the rolling operation, allowing the Quantum Plate Rolls to roll down to 1.1 the upper roll diameter.
For instance: Top Roll = 300 mm -------> Minimum Diameter = 330 mm.
Plate thickness can influence the final result. Using a machine with maximum capacity 100mm, on a 3mt length, if we wish to bend a plate working at the maximum capacity, the minimum possible diameter we get is 3 times the top roll one. But if we use the same machine at 60% of its maximum capacity (bending a 3mt plate with 60mm thickness), now the minimum diameter we get will be very tight: only 1.1 times the top rollØ .
CLICK ON TABS BELOW TO VIEW CONTROL OPTIONS
ENTRY-LEVEL CONTROL WITH DIGITAL LED DISPLAYS (STANDARD):
- Control on Wheels.
- LED Displays show digital positions of the axis'.
- Equipped with E-Stop on Control.
- Heavy-duty control build.
- Removable Operator Safety Bar (Located at the Bottom of Control).
ABILITY TO CONTROL :
- Rolling Direction (Left and Right)
- Left-Side Roll Movement
- Right-Side Roll Movement
- Yoke Movement (Opening and Closing)
- Left-Side Roll Conical Position Movement (For Rolling Cones)
- Right-Side Roll Conical Position Movement (For Rolling Cones)
- Choose Plate Roll Speed
- Hydraulics On/Off
QUANTUM NC NEXUS CONTROL (OPTIONAL):
New And evolved Numerical control with all features of NC Links with following added and improved functions:
Features the possibility to control:
- Three Bending Axis(X, Y, Z).
- Two Side Supports.
- Central support.
- Pinching controller through pressure.
- Power Ejector on/off.
- Interface with PLC control power conveyor.
- Archive 300 programs with 99 steps each.
- Graphic interface Man / Machine thorough a tough screen panel.
- Diagnostic Screens to Control the Correct Functionality of the Machine and all components.
As you can see.. There are many Unique Versatile Features that our NC Control has to offer.
The Quantum NC Nexus control allows for the POSSIBILITY to store presets and quickly recall those presets with ease.
HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS REGARDING THE QUANTUM NC NEXUS CONTROL?
NO WORRIES, WE'VE GOT ALL THE ANSWERS!
CALL ONE OF OUR TEAM MEMBERS TODAY AT (909) 476-8007.
This video demonstrates features and ease of use of the Quantum NC Nexus Control.
QUANTUM CNC EVO CONTROL (OPTIONAL):
Touch Command EVO is the latest version of our CNC system completely integrated with Quantum Plate Rolls, built through years of first-hand experience. The control retains its easy to use interface that our customers have enjoyed; underneath it there is a new extremely powerful engine which delivers a precision of control never before found on a plate rolling machine. This is mainly achieved by the new closed loop system, which constantly monitors the rotation and side roll positions.
There are some challenges when it comes to designing a true CNC control for a plate rolling machine: the main one is the difference in yield tolerances of the material being rolled. Quantum has taken the unique approach of designing a material library that can be adjusted to work specifically with the material you are receiving. This is done by making test bends with your specific material and inputting the diameters that were actually achieved.
Once this is done and the computer understands how your material reacts or springs back, it can accurately auto-generate programs of virtually any shape required with the material you adjusted the library for: round, square, triangle, elliptical.
We recommend Quantum's automated controls for high volume cylinder and shell production, or to roll complex shapes that are not easily reproduced by using manual machine controls. Multiple bends, variable radius bends, ovals and the like are some examples.
Technical Characteristics of the CNC Quantum EVO:
- Programs: virtually unlimited.
- Steps per program: virtually unlimited.
- Linux RTI operating system.
- Integrated 3D graphical engine.
- Quad core 1.6 GHz Arm low power fanless industrial.
- SODIMM DDR Memory 1 GB Industrial.
- Direct connection of the LVDS LCD display.
- HDMI port for external monitor.
- 15” 5W resistive touch screen.
- 15” LVDS TFT new generation LCD Led display.
- Front panel with 4 USB 2.0 ports and 1 RJ45 Ethernet.
- Automatic Synchronization Movements.
- Expandible I/O for additional axes.
- Closed loop proportional valves control.
- High speed 485 communication bus.
- Automatic motor power Off for energy saving.
CNC Evo Features:
- ASM: Automatic Syncro Movememts
- ITD: Interpolation Trajectory Display
- PBS: Proportional Bending System
- OAR: Online Assistance Real Time
- AOI: Automatic oil Indicator
- VDS: Visual Diagnostic Software
- CAN: CAN Communication
- EPG: External program Generator
- VGA: Video Signal Output
- USB: Ports on the Frame of the CNC
- RPC: Radiation Protection Components
- UPS: Back Up Power Supply
- TTL: Three Tests Libraries
- ACF: Auto Calibration Function